Thursday, February 10, 2011

Icicles Scarf Pattern & Knitpicks


 Hello everyone! I'm very excited to announce that I've had another scarf pattern accepted into Knitpicks Independent Designer Program.  It was listed on their site today.  This scarf was so much fun to design. I've seen a lot of knitted scarves that have the long, curved edge with a decorative stitch, but I haven't seen too many crochet patterns for something like that and decided to try my hand at it.

It's made with Knitpicks Swish Worsted Yarn, which was so nice to work with and it really is perfect for this pattern.  The scarf is crocheted all in one piece, with the body of the scarf stitched from tip to tip, then the piece is turned, and the lacy, scallop border is worked along the long, curved edge.  It's finished by stitching a single crochet border along the remaining edges. The finished size is 6" wide (at the widest point) and it's about 6' long, although the length can be adjusted if desired.

My beautiful sister Becky is modeling it for me (she's due to have a baby in just a month!).  My wonderful, photographer dad took these great pictures. And a big thank you to Stacey at Knitpicks, who, as always does a great job and is wonderful to work with.  :)

Scarf is available for download here at Knitpicks, and is also available in my etsy shop.




3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Congratulations Doni -- it's gorgeous! I love the pretty scalloped edge!

miek said...

this is realy a beautiful scarf.
very elegant.
congrats, miek

Unique2wh0 said...

Congratulations to you. You deserve it that is for sure. I love it, just so beautiful and unique!